Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Other - Room 1
  • » Comment on the website by admin
  •    If you have any request, comment, or anything to say concerning the website, say it here.

Feel free to criticize things you don't like. It will help me make things better.

Edit

#21 2012-12-14 02:25:16

United States    calibur

Re: Comment on the website

I think the admin is among those who have abandoned ship.

#22 2012-12-13 16:41:21

Russia    NikoLStak

Another thing.. I think me, Irishgenious and Calibur(And the spammers) are the only active members since 1-2 months.
I could do some announcement(Not spam like these bums) if you want.

#23 2012-12-11 17:37:06

Russia    NikoLStak

partySPAMMERSparty

Spam debates are being created + the spam ''Arguments'' into the debate themselves.

It will get worst it you do nothing.
(Herpes, Investments and Apple seem to be the first Spam debates.)

Damn Capitalists... Ll

Edit
Thanks.

Last edited by NikoLStak (2012-12-12 01:36:08)

#24 2012-10-10 18:32:58

Germany    Dasding23

also the technology forum is misspelled. it reads "techology"

#25 2012-10-10 07:51:08

Germany    Dasding23

I want to make some suggestions for additional categories:
- Sexuality and Health
- Philosophy

also i would suggest some kind of "home" button on the website to have easy access to a general top view to see whats new

#26 2012-08-28 09:56:29

Indonesia    Hephaestus

Hello admin, in the latest debate I created, the picture I put there that was supposed to show various symbols of religions actually was shown as as a pitch-black rectangle. What's wrong with it? You have to check the site more often.

#27 2012-08-25 02:06:33

United States    calibur

@Hephaestus 

Yes, I noted the same thing. I don't know if I ever brought it up, though...

#28 2012-08-24 11:31:49

Indonesia    Hephaestus

It would be very, very useful to have the option to edit things like the pictures on the title of the debate, you know, only for the one who created the debate. I couldn't find a suitable picture for a debate once, and now that I've found it I don't seem to be able to put it in there. Or maybe I just do not know how?

#29 2012-08-17 14:51:31

United States    maps12

@admin 

Could you refresh things such as the debate thing on the left to include the most replied debates, or debates that are old.

#30 2012-08-15 10:56:32

Sweden    Warenz

@admin

I think there should be a search bar so that you can search for a certain kind of topic or find a debate/topic you visited earlier. It might not be necessary right now but when the site has been expanded with a lot of more posts and topics it might come in handy.

Useful ways to use:
Example 1. Let us say I become very interested in aliens or extra-terrestrials and want to start a debate whether they exist or not. But instead of creating one directly I can search for it and perhaps find one already existing that way we could avoid a double topic post.

Example 2. Let us say (wow same beginning again, some real creativity there :D ) that yesterday I found a really interesting topic but forgot to bookmark/favorite it and uncertain of what category it belongs to. Then it's just a easy way to find it again with the search bar.

Hope what wrote made any sense smile

Regards,
Warenz

#31 2012-08-07 07:11:25

Indonesia    Hephaestus

@admin 

Ah, finally. I mostly agree, I only disagree on some parts:

1. Shouldn't we have rules already? Not the "it would be better if" rules, but concrete, quantitative rules. Like no spamming (after explaining what spamming is, just in case someone doesn't think they're spamming but they are) no ad hominem (again, after explaining), etc.

2. Insult only through private? Why should we have insults at all? Many good debates on the internet has crumbled starting from the moment someone says "you have no life", and suddenly the whole thread is about who has less of a life, that happens surprisingly often, and it's always because of an insult, like "you don't even have a job" or "you haven't even finished school".

To me real insults are when we call people names for no apparent reason, without any arguments to back it up (I've did this here before, I'm not going to deny that). When you express your opinion about someone with an argument behind it, and the other man is offended, I don't see it as an insult. Anyway, baseless insults like the ones certain people *cough*chankya*cough-cough* does shouldn't be here because it potentially changes the topic and rips the point of the debate to pieces.

#32 2012-08-07 00:49:08

United States    maps12

@admin 

But why should we even insult someone? It whacks up the debate.

#33 2012-08-06 15:07:09

European union    admin

Jesus I go away a week and it's chaos!!  lol
Everybody please calm down. You can say whatever you want on the website, but it's better if you use constructive arguments in the debates. If you want to insult someone just use private messages. I'm not banning anyone right now but please stay civilized. The fact that there are people of different opinions is a very GOOD thing (for the website).
And stop flooding this page.
As for the advertising I'll get back to it when I come back from vacation. But you can help by sharing in the meantime.

-Warning for everybody-

#34 2012-07-15 20:27:58

United States    calibur

You should change "technology" to science.
I have no idea where to, currently, post my debate on if time is real! I guess I'll post it in other for now... but there should be a "science" section, and that should be in it.

#35 2012-07-14 01:46:50

Canada    SgtPeppers

Is there anyway you could put in a system for merging posts, so if you post multiple things in the same topic without anyone else also having posted they will be merged into one post with some sort of dividing line, rather then having several posts in a row because you responded to different people separately.

#36 2012-07-13 06:59:19

United States    calibur

If you could, simply allowing a bar where you could put web addresses for the icon picture of each debate.

#37 2012-07-12 13:21:57

Indonesia    Hephaestus

@SgtPeppers 

I agree. I find it frustrating to have to copy my current reply, go back to see the comment I was replying to, go back, and paste my current reply and continue. It'd be easier if previous posts were displayed when replying.

#38 2012-07-12 11:52:30

European union    admin

@HighFive5 

I know :/
I'm working on that but it's actually pretty complicated to do.

#39 2012-07-12 08:29:38

Poland    HighFive5

It`s hard to debate if you have to refresh site every pressed "approve"

#40 2012-07-12 06:38:14

Canada    SgtPeppers

I am wondering, is there any way you could make it so that when you hit reply on a post and it takes you to the page, you have, beneath the whole area for writing out the comment, a list showing either the post you're responding to or the last few posts in that debate (up to say, 10). It make it easier to respond to large, multi point posts without having to comment multiple times or keep going back (which risks losing you work if your internet is sporadic) and it would help to follow conversations spread across multiple posts.

It would also be nice if when you go to create a debate, it will check for similar debates which already exist, possibly through a keyword search. So if I go to create a debate on evolution, it will have a list of "suggested debates" for the person to check before they create it.

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2012-07-12 06:41:54)

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com