Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Other - Room 1
  • » Comment on the website by admin
  •    If you have any request, comment, or anything to say concerning the website, say it here.

Feel free to criticize things you don't like. It will help me make things better.

Edit

#41 2012-07-12 04:42:56

European union    admin

Re: Comment on the website

@NoiseFree 

Sorry I was absent for a while I had some exams. You're right it's not very clear how to create a debate I'll look into that. as for the image well I don't know...

#42 2012-07-12 04:40:51

Indonesia    Hephaestus

Hello. I've just joined a few days ago and so far, I love it. Finally a place where debates on controversial topics doesn't devolve into "u hav no life" and "ur a fag". No spam, no trolls. Seriously, I love it.

#43 2012-07-12 04:39:58

European union    admin

@calibur 

No problem. But you're right I'll try to fix this.

#44 2012-07-12 04:35:55

United States    calibur

@admin 

Oh, idiotic me. I did not even see that.
Perhaps you should make it larger? As I have unwittingly demonstrated, it is rather difficult to notice.
Sorry for being semi-troublesome, though.

#45 2012-07-12 04:32:10

European union    admin

@calibur 

There's already that big_smile if I understadn what you'er asking... There's written the username of the person who last posted. Otherwise you can add a debate to your favorties so you can follow it more easily.

#46 2012-07-12 04:25:44

United States    calibur

@admin 

I know that, what I am saying is that it should show the username of the person who most recently posted, to easier identify which of your comments, or even others that you are watching, have been responded to.
Just a suggestion smile

#47 2012-07-12 04:15:46

European union    admin

@calibur 

It's already like that smile
The debates in which the most recent posts were posted appear in order in the front page (most recent on the top left)

#48 2012-07-12 04:02:59

United States    calibur

It is my suggestion that you allow the "recent activity" section in the home page to show who posted the most recent post.

#49 2012-01-31 14:12:07

European union    admin

@NoiseFree 

Yeah ok just send me the image  use imageshack if you want. As for the new members it requires a lot of attention and work on my part and unfortunately I'm a student in a french prep school and I don't have a lot of time. The key is to improve your listing on google but it's really hard, so time to time I pay for a facebook campaign.

So what I'm going to do is but a visible link on the home page for the debate creation , and then I'll pay 5 - 10 bucs for a facebook ad campaign.

#50 2012-01-31 12:11:55

Earth    NoiseFree

To admin...

I'm sure I'll find how to do it in a second but you want to add more links for starting a new debate so that they really are in the user's face.

OK - you start a new debate from within the Categories windows.  If you are not going to add more links you should at least put a 'How to start a new debate' item on the home page.

Anyway, I had a problem with my image...
I spent a bit of time getting the image prepared but when I went to upload the post it briefly reported an 'unknown extension' and, having looked, there is no way to have a second attempt.  It was a standard jpg file with only 8KB.  That should not have been a problem.  I can send you the file if you want...

Last edited by NoiseFree (2012-01-31 12:34:14)

#51 2012-01-28 15:14:19

Earth    NoiseFree

@admin 

Hi admin...

Sgt Peppers posted this...

... far to few people actively contribute, my count of people who have come back several times is around 30, of whom 1 is me and 4 are people I told about the site in my classes. Hopefully more people will find the site but until them at there is a reasonable cross section of people to debate with (although partially due to me telling people who I knew loved debating, Canadians were over represented for a while)

You have a good forum here but are badly short of contributors.  I'm not sure what you do about that but it is your biggest problem.  Maybe you should spend some time trawling other debating sites and posting links... just an idea.

#52 2012-01-18 11:57:48

European union    admin

@Hudson1 

Select it and click on "mark as read".

#53 2012-01-18 10:33:36

France    Hudson1

I have a message that says "bad request" link outdated. I can't erase it even after it's been opened several times and it keeps triggering a "message waiting from theworlddebating " on my Email mailbox. Couldyou please remove it. Thanks

#54 2012-01-13 13:18:23

European union    admin

@Hudson1 

Find the image on the internet and copy the image link. Then paste the link between [img]and[/img] . You can also click on the button "IMG"

#55 2012-01-13 13:15:03

European union    admin

@mayday 

Click on your profile (click on your username next to "logged in as") then click to "avatar". You can only choose an avatar from the gallery. I'll upload new sets of avatars right now there aren't that many choices.

#56 2012-01-13 04:08:13

Switzerland    mayday

@admin 

How do you put on an avatar? I just joined.  Mayday:):

#57 2012-01-12 14:54:51

France    Hudson1

I love to debate but I don't know how to do very much with a computer except write on it and point at subjects of interest. I don't know how to attache photographes to questions I ask for example. I have questions to pose but I am blocked may I ask someone else who knows how to do those things post the photographes?

Last edited by Hudson1 (2012-01-12 14:56:29)

#58 2011-11-29 22:33:04

European union    admin

A couple of minor modifications added.

#59 2011-11-02 19:25:25

Canada    SgtPeppers

@admin 

I like the look with the Avatars, though the selection seems limited at present. The site is really starting to improve.

#60 2011-11-02 14:40:23

Russia    antonov

The index page is very pretty like this but I think it's a bit too loaded.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com