Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Religion - Room 1
  • » Evolutionism vs Creationism by valdo

• Genesis 1:1 quotemark1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. quotemark2
    I think that the darwin theory has some gaps, but that they have been dramatized by the media.

The missing link has never been found and when scientists said that they found it well it was mistaken with an other animal...  lol
    Yeah, hum2 , but that doesn't prove anything. It's normal that's it's very hard to find a squeleton of a creature who died hundreds of millions of years ago in the middle of Africa.

My arguments for evolution:

If you believe that their is no evolution, you believe that there is no evolution among animals : so you believe that Dinosaures and cows have lived together:

sansrezf.png

nono No way!!!

In addition, evolution among animal species has been PROVEN. Why? Because we can date any squeleton and rock we find. And with this we managed to date precisely the amount of time a species  lived and we can date when it appeared and disappeared. And it's very easy to prove that a lot of species disappeared.

evolution1.jpg

Look at the facts!!! Stop being blind!! paper
    That doesn't mean God didn't create the earth.

Edit

#41 2012-06-12 23:56:40

United States    maps12

Re: Evolutionism vs Creationism

Who knows, maybe evolutionism and creationism are both half true?

#42 2012-05-08 12:56:39

Canada    SgtPeppers

@TheCross 

People who accept creationism are ignorant as to the fact of evolution, to a one. This is true of every creationist I have ever debated, they do not understand that every scrap of evidence ever found indicates evolution by natural and most in direct contradiction to biblical accounts of creation.

#43 2012-05-07 21:39:07

TheCross

@SgtPeppers 

"By no stretch of legitimate reasoning can Darwinism be made to exclude design. Indeed, if it should be proved that species have developed from others of a lower order, as varieties are supposed to have done, it would strengthen rather than weaken the standard argument from design". George Frederick Wright.

#44 2012-05-07 21:32:54

TheCross

Some people post things saying that people that believe in creationism haven't been educated enough, i know i have, i choose differently because i see Faith more then numbers, i've been educated enough to see differently and the same depending how you spin the facts around, others have to so don't treat them like your the superior and trust people's testings

#45 2012-05-07 17:14:37

Canada    SgtPeppers

@TheCross 

Well then, you are wrong. Did you have any specific claims against evolution or are you just spamming?

#46 2012-05-07 00:00:28

TheCross

I believe in the idea that evolution is false, that a creating god is responsable for all that happens and that things just can change for an appearent reason, you may think i'm wrong but think about the fact that its call the evolutionary theory for a reason.

#47 2012-05-04 12:53:13

Earth    The Terran

@SgtPeppers 

Yes, many Americans and British are not well educated in science, unfortunately.

#48 2012-05-04 03:31:49

Canada    SgtPeppers

@The Terran 

In the US 46% of the general population rejects evolution

A further 35% (approx) believe in evolution but think God interfered somehow

As you can see, that leaves only a very small percentage of their population that is right.

I believe the UK basically has those numbers minus 10% in the first categories

The rest of Europe is mostly in the 90s in the last category (ah Scandinavia, what would we do without you)

#49 2012-04-29 23:23:27

Earth    The Terran

It's obvious that evolution occurs. Only a downright idiot would deny the scientific evidence that promotes the evolution and natural selection process that ALL animals undergo. I would like to see statistics of the people who don't beleive in evolution, and how many of them understanf the process, not just what their pastor or Imam throws at them.

#50 2012-03-09 19:49:51

Earth    NoiseFree

@Neereg916 

You're more than welcome but what is important to each of us is, I suggest, our own immediate circumstances and how we manage our lives in relation to people that we have direct contact with.  Some stranger on the end of an internet connection can do no more than remind us of that... as your post has reminded me.

#51 2012-03-09 19:24:39

United States    Neereg916

@NoiseFree 

I appreciate you sharing as you have.I better understand your perceptions.

#52 2012-03-09 08:46:11

Earth    NoiseFree

I appreciate your sharing your highly subjective view and recommendations.May I ask what your definition of what a Church is and what a denomination is? 

First off, ALL views are equally subjective!  The fact that one person's (subjective) views may be shared by millions whilst another's (subjective) views are unique to that person makes none of them any more or less subjective. 

Secondly, views are not facts (so please do not take any 'views' that I may have expressed seriously).  This is true no matter how widely held they are, as proven by the once unanimous view that the world is flat.  That is why it is best to deal with facts.  However, language can distort 'facts' - both accidentally and by design when people try to hoodwink others.  So, to be accurate, the best reference point for truth is simply 'that which is'.  'That which is' and is really beyond reasonable doubt is actually very little in our existence... and one should never be shy about admitting that 'what is' is uncertainty, lack of knowledge, doubt and mystery.

From the above paragraph I hope you will understand why it will serve little purpose to provide my definitions (views) of the words 'Church' and 'denomination'... whatever they might be.  All words are flexible and their 'real' meanings are yet more subjective matters of views and disagreements.  Linguistics should only be used to help us understand one another, not to emphasise our differences.  In short, even I am not interested in 'my' definition of any words, so I won't expect you to be!

On the main topic of religion, much of what goes under that banner is founded on the profound ignorance that we are faced with as regards our existence.  Most communication - and there is an incredible amount of it nowadays - is superficial and/or concerned with the mundane affairs of living from day to day.  Few of us are readily comfortable with looking under that surface and accepting that we have no real explanation as regards why we are alive or what we should really be doing with our life.  In steps religion!  It is often led by those who seek domination over the masses and plays on the fear that people allow to build up in themselves through their daily distraction and inability to simply be honest and say 'I don't know why I'm alive and so have no routemap for my life'.  As mentioned, that is 'what is'!

Only by facing our situation head on can we ever be satisfied with anything.  Any other ploy of the mind to circumvent this uncertainty is founded in fear and actually begins to feed that fear in a vicious circle that prevents the mind from seeing the world openly and without coloration.

Last edited by NoiseFree (2012-03-09 08:46:46)

#53 2012-03-08 01:33:16

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Neereg916 

The Authority of the Bible-The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God.
The Deity of Christ- You mentioned this one.
The Sin of Man- Man is a sinner in need of a Savior. 

1. This is not accurate, most Christian groups deny that the Bible is infallible, mostly because it frequently is shown to be wrong. They now maintain that much of it was made up by the authors, some claiming only the new testament to have any relevance
2. Agreed, this is the only one you are correct on
3. Many liberal christian organizations (including Anglicanism), now argue that men have already been forgiven of their sins by the saviour, this includes denying the existence of hell, saying disbelievers are only denied the full grace of god.

I will mention here that christian theologians consider the groups you mentioned in the other post (mormons, etc) to be Christians.

#54 2012-03-08 00:11:47

@SgtPeppers 

sect/sekt/
Noun:   
A group of people with somewhat different religious beliefs (typically regarded as heretical) from those of a larger group to which they...
A group that has separated from an established church; a nonconformist church.

#55 2012-03-08 00:08:13

@SgtPeppers 

The Authority of the Bible-The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God.

The Deity of Christ- You mentioned this one.

The Sin of Man- Man is a sinner in need of a Savior.

#56 2012-03-07 23:16:25

@SgtPeppers 

When correctly identified, a denomination is either Christian or not.Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, and many other religious groups would call themselves Christian but are not.
In order to be a denomination of the one Christian Church,you have to adhere to the essentials of Christianity that define the faith.

#57 2012-03-07 23:10:56

@NoiseFree 

I appreciate your sharing your highly subjective view and recommendations.May I ask what your definition of what a Church is and what a denomination is?

#58 2012-03-07 19:58:27

Earth    NoiseFree

@Neereg916 

One Christian church with many denominations, united by their adherence to the essentials that define Christianity. 

With no disrespect, I think this is wishful thinking about what you feel 'should' be... but it does not correspond with reality.

If you want to adhere to your own set of christian principles that's your choice and your way, and provided you do not injure others in the process, I can't see why anyone should want to stop you.  But I suggest your quest is for some sort of truth and in that quest I suggest that you examine the facts which are that christianity (as in the various churches of that broad description) is a confused and internally confrontational set of ideas... I doubt Jesus would have endorsed it and he certainly did not instigate it.  Do not accord it any legitimacy merely because it uses his name.  I believe he lambasted the religious hypocrisy of his own era.

#59 2012-03-07 05:07:10

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Neereg916 

A denomination is a self identified sect within a larger group, examples include Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, Evangelical, etc, etc.

#60 2012-03-07 05:03:17

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Neereg916 

I respect your opinion. What do you base it on. 

Which post are you referring to?

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com