Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Should abortion be legal? by Snow_Dog
  •    Pro life or pro choice?

I am uncomfortable with the idea of abortion, but I firmly believe that it should be the woman in question's choice, and she should be able to get one in a safe place. No one is proud of it, but it's better than hoping for an adoption or chaining your life back because you have to care for a child.

Edit

#241 2011-07-05 01:17:48

France    fra2591

Re: Should abortion be legal?

@SgtPeppers 4 months fœtus (kind of gross though):

http://www.retrouversonnord.be/fichiers … foetus.jpg

How is this not a human being? mad

#242 2011-07-04 23:55:33

Canada    SgtPeppers

The human race is currently using in 1 year what it takes the planet  1.3 years to replenish, having people have more children is a very bad idea.

Here are the keys to resolving this issue

1. We must accept that humans, like every other species, are hardwired for the sole purpose of survival for propagation of the species. People will not stop having sex, no matter what you tell them, so if you do not want abortions you must make contraception available, and educate people to use it

2. You must not criminalize abortion, you must make it a resort only used if contraception fails

3. You must focus on educating the poor, since they are the group which tend to produce to many kids, and they are more likely to get  an abortion because they cannot afford even to miss work long enough to have a child

4. You must make the religious right chose, do they want legal abortion  or to not teach children about contraception, since these are the only feasible means to reduce teen and adult unwanted pregnancies.

5. The morning after pill, the RU486 (abortion pill, only works in first few weeks) and other means of terminating at zygote level or sooner must be easier to attain, since both prevent reaching fetus stage

A fetus is not a human being, this statement is highly polarizing but the fact is you cannot tell anyone that they have no choice but to have a child because you do not agree with their choice and call yourself a moral person

Final note, criminalizing something does not stop it, look at the drug trade, it only becomes more dangerous

#243 2011-07-04 20:17:51

United Kingdom    directorm

Abortion before the development of a nervous system is not murder as the embryo is not a human being. People in favour of abortion are not baby-killers. Perhaps the embryo does have the potential to be a human being, but by that argument every time a woman decides not to have sexual intercourse with any man, she is denying a baby of its potential life and is a murderer. This argument is upheld by who exactly?

#244 2011-07-03 20:28:27

United States    americaneag

@america eventhough your english is horrific nono , I get what you're trying to say. So here's my answer : what about the baby's rights?

#245 2011-07-02 05:27:37

United States    america

i dont like it but in america it should be because of our rights

#246 2011-07-02 03:54:23

Australia    PatrickDup

@fra2591 It's not just France my friend, it is all races of european descent just look it up. We have the lowest reproduction rate in the worlkd while others are increasing like rabbits at millions a year. Your right we need to make babies. France needs to get back to the birth rate of the post ww2 era. Unlike other european powers france kept incentives for mothers and families. You need that back and then for every french couple that makes a baby and starts a family thats one less foreign family or muslim family that enters the country and then you will encourage the germans to start breeding again. They are scared of having policy on birth rates because it reminds them on how the nazis had the german race expanding by many % a year during their reign, so they dont wat to do it but if you guys do it then all the other western world europeans will do it and we will once again become a force to be reconned with even more so than now when we already decide on world policy. The same needs to happen with western world europeans everywhere in every country like U.S. and Canada and Australia. And by the way i am anti abortion as any human life is precious but i do support increased contraception until the woman feels that it is time to start a family.

#247 2011-07-02 02:00:24

France    fra2591

Pro life. In France abortion, among other things, is killing our birth rate. Come on ladies, make babies (it rhymes)!! hump

#248 2011-07-02 00:10:17

Poland    tomek

@Gishkiman  

Basically the same as monkeys until their brains mature. 

omg

So because a new born is stupid we have the right to kill him? tomato

I completely agree with what Valdo said.  

For me it's pure murder: if women don't want a baby, they should be carefull and use condoms, and stop getting f*cked by 10 different guys every month. If they have a baby it's that they didn't use contraception... If they forgot well it's their damn problem. 

It's a big... rough. But it's true. It's not a game, it's real life. Being pregnant is serious, it should not be considered like a common virus. When the embryo becomes a fœtus women should keep the baby and give it to an adoption service.

#249 2011-06-30 23:54:17

United States    Gishkiman

It's entirely up to the woman in question. And a baby has no real thoughts until it at least a few days old. Basically the same as monkeys until their brains mature. And I know I'm gonna get tons of fire from religious nuts for that comment about monkeys. But seriously, people aren't perfect, sometimes they get into something they can't handle. I think that if they have an option that does not hurt any other sentient beings or society in general, then they should be allowed to pursue that route. Just my opinion.

#250 2011-06-28 23:53:01

France    Doo Pee

No. Abortion is Wrong. I do not Kill Bugs, Perhaps Microscopic Organisms, but especially not Children. How can we Expect people to not kill each other in Society if we allow Mother's To Kill their own Children because they are too lazy to Raise it? I agree Women have a choice, however, that Choice is whether or not to have Sex. The Objective of Sex (Believe it or not) is to Reproduce. What if your mother had given you up? You would not be around to be Such a Fucking Dumbass and Support the Murder of Undeveloped, Defenseless Children.

Secondly, People do not have complete Control over what happens in their body, Otherwise we'd be able to stop Nearly Every Disease known to man. Besides, As I said, there is a way to prevent Pregnancy. Besides Using a Condom, you could, of course, use your Brain and have sex When you are Ready to risk a Child.

#251 2011-06-26 00:22:16

Spain    valdo

@SgtPeppers I disagree. diagree There is no such thing as an "unwanted child". In rich countries I mean. Because I guess we're talking of abortion in rich countries here.

#252 2011-06-26 00:20:21

Spain    valdo

And if the women really can't rase the child, when then she can give it to an adotion service, for there a lot of couples who can't get a baby and who would be happy to have one (see movie "Juno")

#253 2011-06-26 00:18:42

Spain    valdo

I think that women should be able to do what they want with their body. So I am in favor of contraception or pills who kill the embryo (eventhough it's pretty dangerous). HOWEVER, I think that when the embryo has become a fœtus, then it's human being. And, concequently, it's not heir body anymore. When a women gets an abortion she KILLS the baby. For me it's pure murder: if women don't want a baby, they should be carefull and use condoms, and stop getting f*cked by 10 different guys every month. If they have a baby it's that they didn't use contraception... If they forgot well it's their damn problem. And when it happens, when a women is pregrant, it may not make her happy each time, but it's like that, it always was. If we start killing everysingle baby because a young whore doesn't use protection, then the birth rate will drop the f*ck down. And that's what'es happening. "Pro choice"?? It's not a choice  god dan it it's murder mad

#254 2011-06-25 04:17:34

United States    Snow_Dog

@SgtPeppers I support the choice, but I am still uncomfortable as a woman with the idea. (But, looking at the cost of raising a child, I wouldn't want one)

I chose the picture because it's more visually pleasing than a fetus.

#255 2011-06-25 03:40:05

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Snow_Dog 

Abortion, among other things, stems population growth, lowers the youth crime rate and the infanticide rate

It has been documented that abortions are most common among those who do not want children (ergo less infanticide) and those who cannot afford to raise them, the very children who grow up to commit crime, as for adoption, the systems are already overburdened without a massive influx of unwanted children.

Why would you use a picture of a baby for a debate on abortion, since the whole debate is about fetuses.

#256 2011-06-24 22:18:01

United States    Snow_Dog

Should abortion be legal?

I am uncomfortable with the idea of abortion, but I firmly believe that it should be the woman in question's choice, and she should be able to get one in a safe place. No one is proud of it, but it's better than hoping for an adoption or chaining your life back because you have to care for a child.

Last edited by Snow_Dog (2011-06-24 22:20:30)

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com