Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Overpopulation  by zombiecharr
  •    Do you think it becoming a problem ? How should we stop it ?

how far are we letting overpopulation to go, and how far are we willing to go to stop it

Edit

#21 2013-03-22 05:38:07

United States    calibur

Re: Overpopulation

@Lenin 

Clearly, because all other post-industrial countries produce more energy than they consume, and before the US rose to prominence war barely ever happened.

#22 2013-03-22 05:18:33

Belarus    Lenin

@calibur 

I do not hate the US, just the way it works and how it guzzles up  the world energy, If the US system collapsed everyone would be happier and war would be very rare.

#23 2013-03-21 00:07:06

United States    American713

Of course overpopulation is not a problem. It's another big lie to promote big government. China's policies are going to take a big bite out of its population in several decades, and in Europe couples are on average not having enough kids to replace themselves. There is no shortage of resources either, just major distribution problems.  http://www.thinking-catholic-strategic- … oblem.html

#24 2013-03-19 01:27:02

United States    calibur

@Lenin 

Who is us?
I'm not saying the US is without problems, but why do you hate it so?

#25 2013-03-18 06:06:13

Belarus    Lenin

Of course not, most of earth is completely unpopulated. If Europe did not rape Africa of its recourses this would not be a concern. in the issue of space there is not even anything to worry about. however we will runout of resourcesif we don't kil US

#26 2012-08-17 11:04:55

Romania    RainyDays

The best answer to this problem is : USE CONDOMS

and the enforcement of the Chinese birth control policy worldwide

#27 2012-08-16 04:02:37

United States    calibur

@maps12 

Just out of curiosity, why do you do this? Go to dead threads and revive them, seemingly at random?

#28 2012-08-15 23:35:34

United States    maps12

I believe some event will happen, war, famine, disease, to control our population, or we would just die out.

#29 2012-08-13 15:11:58

Philippines    Volskey

About the space colonization,
There is a semi-fictional process called terraforming (earth-shaping). It's when a planet, moon, or something similar is changed or modified so that it would able to sustain life such like the Earth.
Here's a wiki about it if you'd like to know more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming

#30 2012-08-01 18:30:01

United States    maps12

War will come and control the hypocritic peolple we are to peace, forever.

#31 2012-01-15 12:48:55

France    Hudson1

@SgtPeppers 

Historically, everytime there has been a war, some form of technology has made a giant step forward. It's sad to say but armies insist on having the latest and the best killing devices the human mind can devise, regardless of cost or man hours. Governments often are caught up in their own traps. By choosing to attack or resist,  they've made a bet with the enemy that they will survive despite the attrition of lives, material and production quotas. As a result the best for the least in the shortest amount of time is rule not the exception. If not, the society is vanquished. If we have a war between now and the *end of the century (*the time period which I too agree would be probable to begin space colonization normally) I suggest that the technology of 100 years to accomplish the format will be seriously reduced (as well as the human population, unfortunately again). When you think that red China has a 300 million strong female army alone, the same number as the total human population of the USA, what possible peace time activities for the world could China possibly have for the future.  I think we'll see space colonization sooner than we think.

#32 2012-01-15 10:55:47

Earth    NoiseFree

@Hudson1 

I'm with the Sergeant on this one.  Too many sci-fi movies make it look like we're getting there but we have HUGE issues:
1 Our technology consumes energy at a rate that is only viable by exhausting the comprehensive stocks that Earth had. That's why we're in trouble!
2 Nowhere in our Solar System appears habitable other than on a space-station experiment basis that would actually increase further the demands on Earth's resources.
3 Anywhere warm enough outside our solar system is literally light years away: it would take many years to get there if we ever managed to travel remotely near the speed of light.
4 How could an overload of people leaving Earth ever be transported AND supported for many years in the depths of space?  Would you buy a ticket... 'cause I sure wouldn't.
It's not wholly impossible but neither is the idea that a fast sprinter could run a mile in one minute.

Last edited by NoiseFree (2012-01-15 10:56:33)

#33 2012-01-15 05:16:31

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Hudson1 

I find myself in the odd position of both total agreement and total conviction that it will not work. Space colonization is a long term plan and might be viable by the end of this century, but overpopulation is a very current issue, so colonization is not a solution

#34 2012-01-14 21:26:17

France    Hudson1

Overpopulation only becomes a problem when our economies and technologies find no further purpose or territory for the extra human beings. Historically, great wars, natural disasters or pandemics were the only regulating factors for diminishing the numbers of people any jurisdiction could hold. We are now at the portal of a new way of reducing populations on this blue marble which doesn't translate into meaning "termination". This new way is called space colonization. The cosmos is so large that newly discovered worlds, which sustain life, could be the new homes for our species and proliferation would no longer be a problem.

#35 2012-01-01 18:29:06

Canada    SgtPeppers

@genesplicer 

How can a genocide be from natural causes, it is the systematic and targeted extermination of a specific group for a specific reason, nature cannot do that.

#36 2011-12-23 21:03:24

United States    genesplicer

It seems as if a genocide is the prime solution in reducing population. Whether it be through natural causes or human cruelty.

#37 2011-12-20 00:37:57

Russia    NikoLStak

@Kronblom 

I don't remember the name but a huge lake is threatened.

Last edited by NikoLStak (2011-12-20 00:38:21)

#38 2011-12-18 20:51:03

Sweden    Kronblom

@NikoLStak 

It ia probably true about the great lakes if
they are not taking steps to remedy that
soon, what lake are you talking about in Sibiria not lake Bajkal I hope.

#39 2011-12-18 15:49:14

Russia    NikoLStak

@SgtPeppers 

That's why I said "reach" and not deafeat.

#40 2011-12-18 15:44:50

Russia    NikoLStak

@Kronblom 

If you think it's over... The Grand Lakes are being polluted and their water is gonna be lost. 1 of the 10 biggest fresh water reservoir is being destroyed in Siberia.
We treat this vital ressource like a bitch.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com