Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Religion - Room 1
  • » Who is the craziest? by SgtPeppers
  •    Which tenants of which religion are crazy?

Just out of general interest, what religious ideas do you find the most ridiculous and which is the craziest overall

Please have actual arguments and not just insult people

Before the creationists start, I just want to remind people that Atheism is not a religion and does not meet any definition of religion

My top picks for craziest religion

1.Christianity (Noah's ark, 10000 year old earth, Adam and eve, Zombie Jesus, etc)
    2.Scientology (Alien dictators, need I say more)
    3.Islam (Most of the stuff christians have)
    4.Mormanism (Magic underwear and a physical God who lives on planet Kola)
    5.Hinduism (Multi armed elephant gods, blue god/kings)

What about your lists

Edit

#41 2011-11-11 14:04:12

Canada    SgtPeppers

Re: Who is the craziest?

@irishgenius 

I did not insult anyone, and if the world had more people who thought like me, then we would try to fix these things, I am pessimistic because our outlook is bleak unless people learn to try to fix these things. I would never say that our lives would be miserable, we in the west will remain well off, but without commitment to fixing problems we will stagnate and then decay.

#42 2011-11-11 11:26:51

Ireland    irishgenius

So the world will either end in 2012 or we will live a shitty life with no joy is that your veiw
PS.I respect your opinions ands insults.What would the world be like i we all thought the same

#43 2011-11-11 02:18:54

Canada    SgtPeppers

@irishgenius 

Again? that is the first time you have called me a pessimist and you know what, I AM. We have , economic crisis, humanitarian disasters, AIDs in Africa, Greece collapsing, Italy trying to rip itself apart, Stephen Harper with a majority government, A pope in Rome who rejects evolution, and people who are to stupid to realize we NEED TO FIX THIS SHIT. I wish things were better, but I am to realistic for that.

#44 2011-11-10 17:55:50

Ireland    irishgenius

@SgtPeppers Again your a pessimist your a sad person no offence

#45 2011-11-10 14:28:40

Canada    SgtPeppers

@irishgenius 

I am begging you to use proper grammar in the future. In answer to why I think was your question, Catholics believe that 2000 years ago, a virgin gave birth to a baby boy (Who somehow got a Y chromosome to make him male), that boy grew up, started performing miracles (which no records exist for) and preaching (which no records exist for), he eventually goes to Jerusalem, throws venders out of the temple personally (records?) was later betrayed and executed (records?) and 3 days later rose from the dead (crazy). The pope has claimed that risk of AIDS is increased by using condoms, making him responsible for tens of thousands of negligent homicides, and hid child abuse. This from the man that Catholics consider the mouthpiece of god and the vicar of Christ.

#46 2011-11-08 22:49:08

Ireland    irishgenius

Y Catholics they are way worse ones around eg the trumps tired

#47 2011-11-08 15:07:45

Canada    SgtPeppers

@irishgenius 

Scientology is crazy, but it is too small to warrant real attention, for me Catholicism wins, no contest.

#48 2011-11-08 12:15:42

Ireland    irishgenius

Scientology.The crazist in the world.:dumb:

#49 2011-11-03 21:57:38

Canada    SgtPeppers

@NikoLStak 

Sorry, but I could not really follow your point, can you please rephrase.

#50 2011-11-03 14:54:37

Russia    NikoLStak

I do not understand why some persons refuse the knowledge because their corrupted by the thousands of years Holy Book say that it's false... God would be angry to see how you refute the way he create all this. Hehehe

Last edited by NikoLStak (2011-11-03 14:56:20)

#51 2011-10-29 16:51:28

Canada    SgtPeppers

@The Expert 

Here is a 10 minute video which explains exactly why science is unbiased by its very nature

I would recommend, if you want to learn about hat evolution actually says, watch the other parts of the series, the whole thing runs about 3 hours but the ones explaining evolution are half an hour at most, if you would like I will post links to the relevant ones. If you are going to disbelieve in something, you should had put some effort into understanding what it is first, don't you agree?

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2011-10-29 16:55:35)

#52 2011-10-29 09:00:55

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers Well in any case I am sure that he willingly beleived in a God and yet was still a religious person, and this despite him being aware of all that Darwin was saying, as I also beleive he did know that.

#53 2011-10-29 05:24:07

Canada    SgtPeppers

@The Expert 

Okay how about I now point to the fact that many of the earliest proponents of evolution were trying to prove the bible when they made their discovery. Darwin was one, another was a priest named Gregor Mendell, who discovered the genetic processes of evolution, how about the fact that the vast majority of christians actually do believe in evolution and therefore would not be heavily biased in its favour. Or the fact most of the fossils and transitional forms were found by people with no stake in the evolution debate, palaeontologists will still look for fossils regardless of what is true.

Here is the point, I assume you accept that sedimentary rock is laid down on layer at a time. Why is every member of every species found exactly in the layer they should be, no mammal has ever been found in the dinosaur layer and if it had been, then science would have adjusted accordingly. Just because a scientist believes one thing does not mean they are willing to lie, science is a self correcting process and no scientist would risk the entire professions credibility to prove a theory, doing so would make no sense, as it adds no knowledge to mankind.

#54 2011-10-28 20:14:43

United States    The Expert

@SgtPeppers,

I am not rejecting it, simply demanding that it be presented by unbiased scientist.

The Expert.

#55 2011-10-27 21:26:12

Canada    SgtPeppers

@The Expert 

Honestly, now you are rejecting fossil evidence, science does not fudge data, because even if evolution were false, then scientist would still have to test another theory, they gain no benefit from lying and if they  rate caught then they will never be taken seriously, why would they take that risk

#56 2011-10-27 20:51:53

@SgtPeppers,

The evidence being presented by evolutionist, of course?

The Expert.

#57 2011-10-27 19:20:30

Canada    SgtPeppers

@The Expert 

Here is an example of a verse in genesis and how it contradicts the known sequence of species appearing, unless you deny fossil evidence of course (note, the writing is an annotation, you can find the verses on your own)

"The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. 1:1-2:3"

There are also references to unicorns, this one is in Job
"Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee" 39:9-10

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2011-10-27 19:21:04)

#58 2011-10-27 18:45:14

@SgtPeppers,

The Bible does not contradict science.

The Expert.

#59 2011-10-25 06:50:43

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers Well in any case I am sure that he willingly beleived in a God and yet was still a religious person, and this despite him being aware of all that Darwin was saying, as I also beleive he did know that.

#60 2011-10-24 20:12:18

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup 

Sorry, you might have misinterpreted my meaning, I was not saying he had no knowledge of evolution, simply that as his work had nothing to do with it, we cannot definitively say he did.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com