Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Will mankind survive? by Onechoise
  •    Can man save the world or will their pride end it

Can man save the world or end it

Edit

#1 2014-07-16 19:49:38

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

Re: Will mankind survive?

Sometimes I hope you can change the website name to the world discussing, because we're doing it now right?

On whether we can save ourselves, I believe yes, but maintaining civilisation depends.

Even if we go extinct, it may be due to evolution. The world doesn't stop changing, to the disappointment of certain people.

A human and 'newman' war may break out. Who knows? If that happens, I'll try to kick back and enjoy.

#2 2012-07-11 18:31:23

Canada    SgtPeppers

This sums up my position better than I ever could

#3 2012-07-11 05:06:05

Russia    NikoLStak

Stop blaming mankind for doing nothing for global warming or other things that ruin the world. Since we are child, we are teached that everybody is equal. It is totally false. Most of the population is inferior to another part of the population which is more intelligent and mentally strong. The strongs do what is necessary and usefull, not what their selfishness tell them to do. Put weaks to power and they will do nothing but mess. Put strongs to power, it will gives to the world a chance. But the weaks electors are not ready to make sacrifices, to do what is necessary.

#4 2012-07-10 18:19:06

Sweden    Warenz

The way we are living now we are moving towards our end however I believe we will be able to correct our ways of living when we are on the brink of destruction.

Well I am just one of these geeks who spends all their time gaming geek and not noticing what really happends around in the world but what I think is what danger us the most it's the Carbon dioxide emissions, let's hope that the oil runs out before we destroy our atmosphere however that just brings an crisis about energy production and fuel.

#5 2012-07-10 12:21:20

Indonesia    Hephaestus

We can do both, definitely. But really, when we say "save the world" what we really mean is "save ourselves". The world doesn't need saving. Even if we used up all of our resources and ultimately become extinct, the world's still be there, won't it? I believe mankind, biologically, can save itself, but sadly, until we get a real slap in the face to remind us that humanity needs saving, it won't happen. It's just like murder- technically, everyone can do it, but not everyone does.

Sadly, even if we keep living this way, WE won't suffer from the consequences- our younger generations will, and it'll still take a long while and because of that, because we know we won't suffer, we'll still be this way- because of human selfishness. Until there is something more than what is going on now to save humanity, we're only going closer and closer to extinction.

#6 2012-07-10 12:18:38

Philippines    Onechoise

I think humans really can lose life because of overpopulation and the continuation of  our paranoid thinking that causes war or discrimination only to realize that we have done wrong and try to change it in the last minute.

#7 2012-07-10 12:06:34

Philippines    Onechoise

Will mankind survive?

Can man save the world or end it

Last edited by Onechoise (2012-07-10 12:07:41)

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com