Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Gay Marriage by Warenz
  •    Debate whether or not you think gay marriage is okay.

Today I came across a debate about gay marriage however that was on a internet site with mainly trolls. So I thought that this might be an interesting topic especially if people that are actually willing to debate are participating. Afterall it is interesting to see another persons point of view.

Yeah, so.. What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Do you approve it, do you reject it or are you completely neutral and just don't care about it?

Well I guess I should remind you that this debate's goal is not to get to a conclusion but to see and understand each others point of view.

Arguments can be either in religious matter or ethical matter.

Edit

#21 2012-10-26 16:31:25

Russia    NikoLStak

Re: Gay Marriage

@IVort 

Another marriage reason is the affirmation of the alliance between two persons. A contract to unify themselve until their last breath. Unfortunatly today people don't have any respect for their engagement.

#22 2012-10-25 20:05:00

Ukraine    IVort

We have to make clear, why do people need to marry. Those reasons are different in different countries as the laws and traditions in them differ. If the marriage is needed for social support like in European Union, gay couples need this just as any other families. If it needed for religious reasons, it depends on partners' belief and other religious views, but it's unwise to force churches accept anything that opposes their holy books (I believe no one will try to force muslim clerics to accept alcohol drinking or making pictures which is prohibited in Islam).
At last, many of people live happy in a civil marriage. And gays are ones of them.

About gays' inability to make children I can say that nowadays in vitro fertilization and bearing of children by surrogate mother are growing in popularity.

#23 2012-10-24 20:32:12

Russia    NikoLStak

@HighFive5 

Ah so straight marriage that don't plan to make children should be prohibited.
Not natural... If the nature produced it, it is natural. CO2, nuclear weapons and alcool are all produces of nature. Everything that exist is natural. The appropriate word for what you mean is probably different or not normal

#24 2012-10-24 05:08:01

Poland    HighFive5

@Yarin428 

Gay mariages aren`t natural and I can explain it simply- will it bring childrens? I don`t think so. It`s like drinking your own piss- it won`t gave any good results. Indeed, it occurs naturally in nature, dolphins or bats, but since no children will be from that relation, I`m naming that as a "gene mutation".
I`m conservative, I should warned you.

#25 2012-10-24 00:28:27

Russia    NikoLStak

@SgtPeppers 

Aah a lot of sarcasm like I love it. However, I respect the churches values(As backward as they can be), gay marriages are not appropriate in it, but a courthouse is. A claimed union of two persons, I don't see problems in it. The question for me is how can someone be stupid enough to opposte it.
Anyway we got evidences here. People on this websites are moslty knowing the Europe map perfectly and having intellectual degree that are bigger than the drunk neighbor(I love Vodka too, but I know  what's more important...), and all agree that gay legal declaration of their union being illegal is backward and inappropriate today.

#26 2012-10-23 20:29:17

Canada    SgtPeppers

Relevant (Watch the whole thing, I cannot emphasize that enough)

#27 2012-10-23 20:25:32

Yarin428

@HighFive5 

what will happen if gays will be able to marry each other?
end of the world? no.
its not natural? listen carefully:homosexuality is exist in some spices,like dolphins.
its against religion? that what human said about that the earth is not the center of the universe,and you see that the sun is the center in our solar system,which is in milky way and its go on and on. if you support it,you proubuly against democracy and science.
moral wall? the world broke in the 20'th century two amazing moral walls(equality to women and non white ppl equality). we also broke the walls with the trains,which would said that will destroy the lands.
now,what wall you talking about,i will personality bring a sledghhammer to destroy it.

#28 2012-10-23 20:08:38

Yarin428

same-sex marriage should be legal
i mean,who are we to stop true love?

#29 2012-10-14 19:26:50

Russia    NikoLStak

@Dasding23 

True. Civil gay mariage in front of a juge should be autorised.

But sex with animal... x)
It's just too ridiculous to be legal. On that it is in violation of animal's rights.

#30 2012-10-09 12:28:42

Germany    Dasding23

Why is it even important to countries to regulate its citizens private life?
Why do they even bother?

Everybody should do as they please as long as they don't hurt others.

(Yes that would even include animal sex or incest but as long there is no party harmed, no one should care)

#31 2012-07-21 14:13:47

Russia    NikoLStak

@calibur 

I see. Thanks to defend my avatar but everybody can take it. Our flags are far differents anyway...

#32 2012-07-20 23:01:45

United States    Dremord

@calibur 

I DUNNO WER U LIEV BUT IAM EN MERICEN N WE HEV FREDUMS TO USS AVATARS OK COMMIE?

#33 2012-07-20 19:18:31

United States    calibur

@NikoLStak 

His avatar was the same as yours, so I asked him nicely to change it. He changed it to the same one I have, so laughed and asked him to change again, and listed the ones that are taken. I forgot penguin.

#34 2012-07-20 17:13:33

Russia    NikoLStak

@calibur 

What does that is supposed to mean?

Last edited by NikoLStak (2012-07-20 17:15:11)

#35 2012-07-20 04:59:31

United States    calibur

@Dremord 

I actually laughed, now please change it again... and not to an ankh, leonidus, commie, mothman, general, or... idk what else...

#36 2012-07-20 04:43:35

United States    Dremord

@calibur 

Sure thing pal!

#37 2012-07-20 03:58:49

United States    calibur

@Dremord 

Actually, my dad, who is so christian he has a hard time believing in evolution, is pro-gay marriage. So is my also christian mom.

Also, I'm not trying to impose, but one of the biggest commentors on this site (who is actually Russian) has that avatar, could you please change yours?

Last edited by calibur (2012-07-20 03:59:55)

#38 2012-07-20 03:45:41

United States    Dremord

Yes, it should be legal.

Why? They're two adults.

I cannot convince any christians or other theists because they're ignorant in their holy book.

#39 2012-07-19 05:27:45

United States    calibur

@Elemist 

Well-reasoned and thorough. I commend you.

#40 2012-07-18 12:31:45

Australia    Elemist

@calibur 

Yup that's kinda my point, I didn't mean to say that a nation would have to be ruled by one single religion, rather, the only acceptable reason to oppose same-sex marriage is if you cite a religious reason.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that anyone who claims to have a reason to oppose same-sex marriage other than a religious one is just kidding themselves.

And yes, in order to be a free democratic society the majority decision should be taken into account regardless of whether the minority accepts it or not.  If same-sex marriage is largely in the positive then go for it.

On a related note, although I do not  oppose same-sex marriage being legistrated, I believe that churches and other relgious institutions should not be forced to hold wedding ceremonies in their establishments as this would be forcing them to do something against their beliefs (which is an invasion of an individual's freedom).  So basically: not stopping same-sex marriage being legistrated, but I am advocating the protection of religious institutions rights to not have such marriages taking place in their buildings against their will e.g. churches.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com