Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Gay Marriage by Warenz
  •    Debate whether or not you think gay marriage is okay.

Today I came across a debate about gay marriage however that was on a internet site with mainly trolls. So I thought that this might be an interesting topic especially if people that are actually willing to debate are participating. Afterall it is interesting to see another persons point of view.

Yeah, so.. What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Do you approve it, do you reject it or are you completely neutral and just don't care about it?

Well I guess I should remind you that this debate's goal is not to get to a conclusion but to see and understand each others point of view.

Arguments can be either in religious matter or ethical matter.

Edit

#61 2012-07-12 08:41:37

Poland    HighFive5

Re: Gay Marriage

I don`t think that should be legal, because it breaks one of the biggest morality wall, also legalised homosexual marrage pushes up toward another moral wall. In one day that will trun into hate which will end as prohibiting it and pushing it in opposite direction making even interracial forbitten. This is what happends in Czech, Slovakia and other countries with people from Romania- they tolerated them until today, now tey want to make a camp and close them all in one place.

#62 2012-07-12 07:31:27

United States    calibur

@SgtPeppers 

Man, I replied about this, I guess it just never got sent...
Alright, everything you said is true. The idea of marriage is completely outdated. But the idea it its modern core, the idea that two people perfect for eachother join eternally and declare their love, an idea which is not truly fulfilled in most modern marriage.

I actually never intend to be married, simply because marriage ruins relationships. I do intend to have a ceremony of perpetual engagement, a marriage in all things but officiality.

#63 2012-07-12 06:27:05

Canada    SgtPeppers

@calibur 

Mostly because it is no longer needed, the original functions were to assure the transfer of property and to ensure the man would care for the wife (who could not even own property when the institution was formed). In our modern society, we have wills (which they couldn't use due to being illiterate) and female equality, so the basis for it is of no use. I also see it as discriminatory in some ways, for example, why does a person who is married get benefits not afforded to anyone else, be they commonwealth spouses, bachelor/ettes, divorced or even widowed. It is societal bribery to try and preserve the dead idea of a nuclear family and has no tangible benefit to society.

#64 2012-07-12 06:10:23

United States    calibur

@SgtPeppers 

Just getting this out of the way, I am for gay marriage, even though I'd prefer to never attend one...

Why in hell would you be against marriage as a whole? It has a lot of failures now day, but that's because PEOPLE DO IT WRONG.

#65 2012-07-12 05:56:20

Canada    SgtPeppers

I am personally opposed to marriage as an institution on general principle, but if we're going to have it, we should make it as equal as possible. If that can't be done, then get the government to stop interfering in it and leave it to the churches and the society.

#66 2012-07-12 02:36:45

Indonesia    Hephaestus

Why shouldn't it be? I despise people who answers "why is gay marriage wrong?" with bullshit like "It's not how God instituted it" or "It's not how things were meant to be". If it wasn't "how things were meant to be", why the hell did your "God" create them? What, "that's not how nature works"?

Well, in case you haven't noticed yet everything around us works according to the law of nature, including homosexuality, and that law of how things work cannot be defied. Homosexuality being against nature is like saying gravity can stop working if it wants to. Most of the "reasons" religious people put up is shit like that and "Because the (insert holy book here) says so." None of the "reasons" I have been fed makes sense.

So up to now I still don't see any way homosexuality can "doom mankind". It's not like everyone's gay. Homosexuality's been around since forever, and we're not doomed.

#67 2012-07-12 00:46:27

Sweden    Warenz

Gay Marriage

Today I came across a debate about gay marriage however that was on a internet site with mainly trolls. So I thought that this might be an interesting topic especially if people that are actually willing to debate are participating. Afterall it is interesting to see another persons point of view.

Yeah, so.. What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Do you approve it, do you reject it or are you completely neutral and just don't care about it?

Well I guess I should remind you that this debate's goal is not to get to a conclusion but to see and understand each others point of view.

Arguments can be either in religious matter or ethical matter.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com