Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Religion - Room 1
  • » Religious Exclusion Act by Spirovsky
  •    Should governments implement acts which ban politicians or political groups who have conne

Before I start I do NOT want the religious people to quote bible verses and I do NOT want the pseudo-intellectual atheists saying how religion should be abolished entirely (I'm not saying that atheists are pseudo-intellectuals, I'm just saying that there are atheists like that). Also, believing or not believing in God does NOT effect your level of intelligence or how righteous you are.
    Anyway, should governments put in these acts? Yes, there are those religious types who want gay marriage to be illegal. But let's not forget that most modern laws were founded on religious morals. I think these acts should be put in place to stop red-necks like Rick Perry and Rick Santorum from having influence. But, a politician who goes to church on Sunday won't be affected. I mean how many times has a politician who would have made a difference lost an election because he didn't go to church as many times as the other guy?

Edit

#21 2013-03-22 06:12:53

Belarus    Lenin

Re: Religious Exclusion Act

@caI think government is not religion and US republicans should stop acting like it is!            This

#22 2013-03-22 05:49:20

United States    calibur

@Lenin 

And I think Jesus, in the sense you think of him, did not exist. But that is a discussion for a different thread.
You understood what I meant with the han thing; that confucianism, despite being the prime ideology during the fall of the Han, survived, was adopted by subsequent empires, and sometimes even helped along their success.

#23 2013-03-22 05:37:16

Belarus    Lenin

@calibur 

haha! true, yes but I think Jesus was a communist!

#24 2013-03-22 05:35:50

United States    calibur

@Lenin 

Yeah, and the han dynasty fell with Confucianism.

#25 2013-03-22 05:15:31

Belarus    Lenin

@irishgenius 

ah, but the USSR fell with athiesm!

#26 2013-03-18 20:53:59

Ireland    irishgenius

@Lenin 

"Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism."
"Communism and Atheism are indespenseable to each other."
Vladimir Lenin

#27 2013-03-18 06:09:51

Belarus    Lenin

as a christian, I say that I would hate to see religion be gone. communsim and christianity go hand in hand. capitalism is evoultonism and nazism "survival of the fittest.

#28 2012-07-14 19:42:04

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Renegade 

I have always maintained that one can defend any position, no matter how disgusting or wrong, by selective interpretation of scripture. This is why the KKK and the abolitionists found justification in the same book.

#29 2012-07-14 13:30:01

South Africa    Renegade

Even though religion in has been used in the past as a means for wars and segregation, it's quite a messy topic where people have the right to practice their religious views as long as it does not violate someone else's right, here in South Africa there is often causes where gays and lesbians are raped or killed and the most common excuse is a reference to a holy book, even though the book does not prohibit murder it also in some verses does not prohibit homosexuality, so I suppose it is how you interpret it.

#30 2012-07-14 04:43:30

Canada    SgtPeppers

@maps12 

When it comes to religious labels, I have one rule and only one exception.

The rule is, you are what you say you are. Mormons call themselves christians, so I believe them, etc.

The only exception is when the beliefs directly contradict any feasible proper definition. A person who believes Jesus is the son of god cannot call themselves an orthodox jew, for example.

#31 2012-07-14 04:30:32

United States    calibur

@maps12 

Christian- a person who believes in Jesus Christ (in biblical terms, not as a mere normal person)
PROTESTANTS
Honestly, nothing you have said here today put up any good arguments or added any value. In fact (here) you said something that is obviously false.

#32 2012-07-14 03:47:12

United States    maps12

@SgtPeppers 

That is the exact reason the Protestant Reformation occured, Churches were selfish.  Though I really can't consider protestants Christians, they are like a differentreligion of their own.

#33 2012-07-13 02:55:53

Canada    SgtPeppers

I personally think the best system would be to target the churches tax exemptions. I think any money spent by a church for political purposes or for proselytizing should be taxed at the normal rate (sending food to Africa, tax exempt, sending bibles to Africa, taxed). I have no problem with religious individuals in a public forum, but a church should not be able to get millions in donations, pay no taxes on that income, then use it to influence politicians

#34 2012-07-12 12:48:16

Indonesia    Hephaestus

Well, while I'm an atheist I believe religion has its pros and cons, but how do you "exclude" it? Sure, elections may be somewhat based on religion like you said, and it may make a difference to not let religion affect but it's the People who choose, isn't it? Aren't they allowed to choose however they want? Isn't that freedom? How do you suddenly make them all exclude religion?

#35 2012-07-12 12:29:52

Russia    NikoLStak

We all know what happen when a religion is associated with the state.
Having a religion at the head of the state was already a symbol of mass destruction at the age of castles. Now with the atomic weapon, it's symbol of apocalypse.

#36 2012-07-12 11:49:36

South Africa    Spirovsky

Religious Exclusion Act

Before I start I do NOT want the religious people to quote bible verses and I do NOT want the pseudo-intellectual atheists saying how religion should be abolished entirely (I'm not saying that atheists are pseudo-intellectuals, I'm just saying that there are atheists like that). Also, believing or not believing in God does NOT effect your level of intelligence or how righteous you are.
Anyway, should governments put in these acts? Yes, there are those religious types who want gay marriage to be illegal. But let's not forget that most modern laws were founded on religious morals. I think these acts should be put in place to stop red-necks like Rick Perry and Rick Santorum from having influence. But, a politician who goes to church on Sunday won't be affected. I mean how many times has a politician who would have made a difference lost an election because he didn't go to church as many times as the other guy?

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com