Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » There is no sodomy by NewAtheist
  •    "Sodomy" is merely an outdated religious term that has no bearing on real life.

As "sodomy" is an entirely religious term, and as our legal system is NOT based on religion despite what some rightists would have you believe, laws should not be made against it. It is merely a outmoded bigoted term by narrow-minded, stuck-in-the-past ReDUMBlicans desperate to conceal their own urges by promoting the heteronormative model. There's nothing wrong with taking it a different way than most people; in fact, it's your right. I can see no reason, other than pure bigotry, to prohibit people from fulfilling their sexual desires as they see fit. I will address one video that really angered me in particular, as it seems to contain all of the typical LGBT-phobic arguments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQv5g-jPOXg

This rant is so stupid it's actually quite painful. It's also rather disjointed, but I could find several main points:

1: Homosexuality is anatomically unnatural
    2: Trying to justify homosexuality by saying that it is natural in the animal kingdom is a bad argument.
    3: It makes God mad.
    4: No scientific evidence that homosexuality is biological.
    5: Being gay is anti-life (?)
    6: If we accept homosexuality, we must accept incest, zoophilia, paedophilia, etc.

These are all typical godbot arguments that I will respond to quickly:

1: Last time I checked, one guy's Johnson fits into another guy's anus just fine.
    2: I agree that not everything that animals do is natural to humans. On the other hand, there is other evidence showing that homosexuality is natural.
    3: Trying to bring religion into a non-religious debate... tut tut. Theism remains an unproven idea and therefore we should not base our legal system on it.
    4: This just made me laugh. There is so much evidence that homosexuality is an immutable trait just like skin colour it's unbelievable. I'm not even going to point it out-- you have a brain, you can use Google.
    5: That argument would only work if the whole world was gay. As it stands, up to 1 in 16.66 people are gay (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/dec/1 … tionpolicy), and yet the fertility rate has remained stable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … lity_rate)
    6: I find it utterly stupid that people compare homosexuality to paedophilia, zoophilia, etc. Most homosexuals find paedophila absolutely disturbing. Liking your own sex and liking children/animals/your family are not the same thing.

Edit

#1 2015-06-29 22:50:58

United Kingdom    Higgins

Re: There is no sodomy

What do you mean there is no sodomy?

#2 2013-01-31 11:58:02

Russia    NikoLStak

@NewAtheist 

Sure. But I can only see rear door intrusion as scatophilia, even if it's clearly not the goal of it.
It is a matter of taste I suppose...

Last edited by NikoLStak (2013-01-31 12:03:15)

#3 2013-01-29 20:21:25

United Kingdom    NewAtheist

@NikoLStak 

Yes, a Johnson does fit in an anus. Do you want me to prove it?

The fact is that sexual freedom is part of human freedom. My Penguin dictionary defines sexual intercourse as:

1. sexual activity with genital contact involving the penetration of the vagina and the penis.

2. other sexual activity with genital contact and involving penetration of a partner's body.

#4 2013-01-28 22:52:08

Russia    NikoLStak

Putting anything in it's ass, gay, lesbian or hetero is a horrendous abomination to me. I'm rationnal on many point, but not on this one.
Actually it's the original purpose of an ass, no re-entry.
If there is anything I may need psycologic help with, it's this.
Anyway... These prejudice about homos are indeed stupid. This is from a semi-religious communist guy that think god is over the stupidity of caring about who you have sex with. Beyond that, you said everything. But nothing, especialy not a ''Johnson'', fits in someone's ass.

Edit:
Good thinking to not put an image to this debate x)

Last edited by NikoLStak (2013-01-28 23:23:33)

#5 2013-01-27 20:24:56

United Kingdom    NewAtheist

There is no sodomy

As "sodomy" is an entirely religious term, and as our legal system is NOT based on religion despite what some rightists would have you believe, laws should not be made against it. It is merely a outmoded bigoted term by narrow-minded, stuck-in-the-past ReDUMBlicans desperate to conceal their own urges by promoting the heteronormative model. There's nothing wrong with taking it a different way than most people; in fact, it's your right. I can see no reason, other than pure bigotry, to prohibit people from fulfilling their sexual desires as they see fit. I will address one video that really angered me in particular, as it seems to contain all of the typical LGBT-phobic arguments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQv5g-jPOXg

This rant is so stupid it's actually quite painful. It's also rather disjointed, but I could find several main points:

1: Homosexuality is anatomically unnatural
2: Trying to justify homosexuality by saying that it is natural in the animal kingdom is a bad argument.
3: It makes God mad.
4: No scientific evidence that homosexuality is biological.
5: Being gay is anti-life (?)
6: If we accept homosexuality, we must accept incest, zoophilia, paedophilia, etc.

These are all typical godbot arguments that I will respond to quickly:

1: Last time I checked, one guy's Johnson fits into another guy's anus just fine.
2: I agree that not everything that animals do is natural to humans. On the other hand, there is other evidence showing that homosexuality is natural.
3: Trying to bring religion into a non-religious debate... tut tut. Theism remains an unproven idea and therefore we should not base our legal system on it.
4: This just made me laugh. There is so much evidence that homosexuality is an immutable trait just like skin colour it's unbelievable. I'm not even going to point it out-- you have a brain, you can use Google.
5: That argument would only work if the whole world was gay. As it stands, up to 1 in 16.66 people are gay (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/dec/1 … tionpolicy), and yet the fertility rate has remained stable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … lity_rate)
6: I find it utterly stupid that people compare homosexuality to paedophilia, zoophilia, etc. Most homosexuals find paedophila absolutely disturbing. Liking your own sex and liking children/animals/your family are not the same thing.

Last edited by NewAtheist (2013-01-27 20:26:59)

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com