Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Techology - Room 1
  • » Working in major cities, !! by anthony77
  •    

Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place for this but since early last year I've been wanting to move to a major city in Australia (or even abroad) to work in tech/Web dev. Can anyone in this subreddit explain to me the process of how they got a job there and / or the process of moving to a city to work in tech / Web dev.

My greatest fear is that I'll be stuck in my home town forever which will limit my opportunities and career growth.

I'm currently a junior developer with 12 months experience and feel as if my current company is limiting my growth and practicing bad habits. I do not want to be maintaining legacy-spaghetti-code forever lmao

Some resources I've been using to prepare:

leet code

cracking the coding interview

freecodecamp

Edit

#1 2019-04-10 13:28:50

Germany    Asylum

Re: Working in major cities, !!

I think it depends on what industry you're planning to work in. I'm a teacher so I joined several agencies before I went to England and they sent me job postings. When I was interested in one, they'd send my CV on and set up an interview. Because of that, I had a full time job before I even arrived in the UK.

With Australia I also had an agency, but it worked differently and most of it was done on the ground. I arrived in Australia and then proceeded to look for jobs.

#2 2019-04-04 11:15:08

United Kingdom    anthony77

Working in major cities, !!

Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place for this but since early last year I've been wanting to move to a major city in Australia (or even abroad) to work in tech/Web dev. Can anyone in this subreddit explain to me the process of how they got a job there and / or the process of moving to a city to work in tech / Web dev.

My greatest fear is that I'll be stuck in my home town forever which will limit my opportunities and career growth.

I'm currently a junior developer with 12 months experience and feel as if my current company is limiting my growth and practicing bad habits. I do not want to be maintaining legacy-spaghetti-code forever lmao

Some resources I've been using to prepare:

leet code

cracking the coding interview

freecodecamp

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com