Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Current events - Room 1
  • » Was 9/11 a conspiracy? by fra2591

• I don't think that the US goverment has anything to do with this. However, the story of this guy, Larry Silverstein, who won several billion dollars from the insurance AND who won the reconstruction contact. I'm just saying : its really easy for a guy like this to do this. He could have payed the terrorists...

Edit

#21 2013-01-04 08:45:37

Afghanistan    sinlyn

Re: Was 9/11 a conspiracy?

how long does it take to train a pilot or two, 5years

#22 2012-12-20 17:32:53

Russia    NikoLStak

@Kaveman 

The CIA taking americans in hostages and doing suicide attack on the country they sweared to bring to world domination?

#23 2012-12-20 15:34:30

Georgia    Kaveman

It was by George W. Bush For PR Not by Alqaeda

#24 2012-12-19 10:30:27

Portugal    Vradonam

@calibur 

Of course!

I wasn't judging the USA by it's media... At least not for this case.

#25 2012-12-19 01:43:30

United States    calibur

@Vradonam 

Depending on your definition of terrorism, and directly, there are few terrorist attacks in history to have directly caused so much loss of life. The only other really major terrorist attacks I can name are the assassination of archduke franz ferdinand, and... the unibomber? But even that was many events.
He said that people said it was the worst calamity ever, which nobody does.

The media is not a good survey of a country's opinions.

#26 2012-12-19 01:05:06

Portugal    Vradonam

@calibur 

Your media...

But it is fair to say that the media and most (I think) US citizens state that it is the worst terrorist attack in history.

@dantran3

The nukes where in response to an indiscriminate attack on Pearl Harbor, and Japanese atrocities.

As for the other wars, some were justified, others were badly justified, and things that shouldn't happen, do happen and it's the fault of a lot of people and not one country only.

#27 2012-12-19 00:38:06

United States    calibur

@dantran3 

Who describes it so?

#28 2012-12-18 06:30:10

dantran3

I just don´t like the fact that USA citizens describe it as the history´s greatest catastrophe just after they threw a couple of nuclear bombs and are responsible for millions of deaths in Afghanistan, Iraq, and many other countries.

#29 2012-07-13 19:08:23

Canada    SgtPeppers

@FiMFTW 

I'm sorry, but what exactly is the claim you're making?

#30 2012-07-13 17:49:22

United States    americaneag

@FiMFTW 

well then you're saying that it's obvious that's is a conspiracy

#31 2012-07-10 10:39:17

United States    McKenna16F

I personally believe (from watching countless videos of the attack on YouTube, so my opinion might not even be that valid) that there WAS an attack with planes, but the US knew there was going to be an attack, and they demolished the twin towers and WTC 7 in order to provide maximum damage and therefore use the American people's fear and hatred and aim it in the direction they needed it to go in order to provide a legitimate excuse to go to war with Iraq.

#32 2012-07-10 03:42:38

United Kingdom    FiMFTW

@americaneag 

You're one hell of a debater.

*Enters*

One side of the argument is ridiculous

*Leaves*

There's not really much to argue here, the debate can basically be won with a simple Google search, the only "Evidence" the non-conspiracy theory has is quotemark1 The Government says so quotemark2.  

#33 2012-02-24 07:49:43

United States    rj313

I'm gonna have to agree with SgtPeppers here. there is a laundry list of reasons that tower seven could have and did fall. Why would they waste the time and money on tower 7. I do not believe 9/11 to be a US conspiracy. Even if it was, like i said, no gain came from tower 7 falling.  it couldn't have been a plot by the US simply because no good came of it and there was no foreseeable good in 2001. We've gone TRILLIONS in debt, and have lost thousands of soldiers, because of 9/11

#34 2011-11-02 22:50:40

United States    Linc

@tomek I'm going to look for the official version. I'll opst it here when I find it.

#35 2011-11-02 00:25:33

Canada    SgtPeppers

@tomek 

Could I point out that any number of smaller causes could have combined to bring the tower down, For example, if small fires or debris weakened the beams in one spot near the middle, combined with the upset the foundation might have suffered when the other towers fell, the fact is a conspiracy to blow up an empty building would serve no purpose, nor would hitting the towers and the pentagon in the first place, bringing down the four planes would have set off the same sequence of events, why would they take the risk of being exposed for no gain.

#36 2011-11-01 23:49:46

Poland    tomek

@Linc yeah it look obvious on this video that is was a controled demolition. I mean come on this is ridiculous... WHY THE HELL DID IT COLLAPSE???? several hours after the first 2 collapsed???? The video says it well it fell out of sympathy for the other 2 towers

#37 2011-11-01 12:50:31

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Linc 

But it does nothing to substantiate that those are explosions, not any number of other possible phenomenon.

#38 2011-11-01 12:33:31

United States    Linc

@SgtPeppers the interesting part of the video is at 0:39 it shows multiple explosions at the precise seconde the tower collapses.

#39 2011-11-01 02:39:24

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Linc 

Sorry, but the video makes no arguments and its stated purpose in the first few seconds becomes clear when you see that the name of the group showing it is Wake up America productions, not exactly bias free. Is says "unseen footage in the title, that is bullshit, I saw identical footage in the weeks after 9/11, taken at the exact same angle. Whereas my video attacks the credibility of the actual theory, yours does not even present clear points. Those "explosions" could have been anything and other possibilities exist for why the building fell. Also, where is the evidence to support any of you claims, I saw parts of the pentagon plane at a museum in washington and have not heard 1 word about weird conversations.

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2011-11-01 02:42:47)

#40 2011-11-01 00:46:09

United States    Linc

@SgtPeppers this video was boring as f***. There are far move interesting videos on the subject. 9/11 conspiracy (or not) is a really interesting subject because it leads to a lot of questions. For instance : why did wtc 7 collapse, hours after the collapse of wtc 1 and 2?????? Then there's the pentagon plane : where are the remains of the plane? And then there's flight 93 with weird conversations recorded... And of course there's the collapse of the 2 towers with possible explosions. Check this out, it shows explosions during the collpase of wtc 7. It's crazy !!!:

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com