Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Current events - Room 1
  • » Islam and Europe by maps12
  •    There is a growing number of Muslims all over Europe, is this something to fear?

Just wanting to know everyone's opinions.

Edit

#1 2017-04-14 14:14:45

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

Re: Islam and Europe

@irishgenius 

Not a military invasion. Exploiting the political fractures of the EU and China---in other words, a political invasion. Eating out your welfare funds. Living in most of your shelters. And oh, claiming the population in no-go zones.

It is time to face the fact that in this sense, the invasion is ongoing. And you might need the Nazis to save you this time, since aside from the CPUSSR, they are the only party capable of operating Auschwitz!

#2 2017-04-14 14:07:29

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

@Higgins 

The question is simple---
just LOOK AT THE NO GO ZONE MAP. PLEASE.
I know it isn't fair of me to this in 2017 to a statement you made in 2015. But really. Just look.

#3 2015-12-23 09:19:37

United Kingdom    Higgins

What people tend to forget is that Islam doesn't only expend through immigration from Muslim countries.
In fact many Europeans convert to Islam.
Some adopt Muslim "culture", clothing, mentality, and try to emulate the most zealous Muslims.
Others have a more pragmatic approach, and keep their Western way of life, observing in private only some of the edicts of Islam.
I am a white British, born and bred in UK, and I converted to Islam 4 years ago. I gave up smoking, drinking, eating pork and non-halal food. I pray in private. But I still dress like an European, wear no sign of my religion. I don't shout to anyone that I am Muslim, I don't ask for special treatment, I still respect people, believe in genders equality, freedom and tolerance.
My wife, also Muslim, dresses in fashion clothes, no hijab; she wears make up, perfume. We listen to music, we like entertainment, etc...
So, I consider most of the generalisations about Muslims a bit exagerated.
If you met me, you would never imagine that I am Muslim. People shouldn't forget that the majority of Muslims in Europe are moderate, fear Sharia, like Western society, enjoy freedom and democracy.
In fact, many Muslims came in Europe fleeing tyranny and intolerance in their country of origins, ran away from Sharia and religious oppression, etc... They don't want to recreate that in Europe!!
The "Muslim invasion" of Europe is a myth peddled by xenophobes and unfortunately accepted by many.

Last edited by Higgins (2015-12-23 10:34:57)

#4 2013-04-23 17:21:26

Nepal    Himalayan

photo.php?fbid=498397680217210&set=a.245130622210585.61786.100001409485141&type=1&relevant_count=1

#5 2013-04-20 22:50:13

United States    Randomness.

If everyone would stop being racist to eachother, No, but since Europe is turning against Islam , I guess.

#6 2013-03-18 05:44:21

Belarus    Lenin

Not a large problem in Belarus but I don't want them ruining the slavic tradition. I think both cultures are good in their own way, they should stay and preserve their culture withou truining ours.

#7 2012-09-25 02:50:52

Russia    NikoLStak

@calibur 

Pretty same here. Immigrants working for less money than Russian citizens are not tolerate in Russia. But those Nazi asshole and traitors of skinheads use this argument to spread their retardness...

#8 2012-09-25 02:39:03

United States    calibur

@NikoLStak 

This is why America rocks. We have to worry about immigrants taking jobs (if we actually have to worry about that), but we don't give a crap how they affect our culture.

#9 2012-09-25 02:32:04

Russia    NikoLStak

@maps12 

Simple. The main reason they don't do more children is because they want to be certain that they will never lack of anything. Raise family subsidy. The European populations will increase and their superior number(for now) will ensure that immigrants remain minorities.

#10 2012-09-23 14:00:34

United States    maps12

But what of the decreasing European population?

#11 2012-09-20 17:13:09

Ukraine    IVort

@maps12
Culture protecting is the complex of measures aimed at preserving the unique ethnical shape of some folk. It can be reached by: spreading cultural propaganda (e.g. lessons of orthodoxal morale in russian schools, organization of ethnic festivals, lessons of islamic culture that are poised to launch in Germany), creating cultural locations (e.g. native-american reservations, villages with traditional economy in Europe or Stanitsas in Russia), adopting laws to protect cultural views of person from discrimination (which in fact is the main in this list).

The problem is that european government acts for the benefit of muslims more and more, forgeting about the culture of origin. The example is the brittish law that prohibits wearing the cross of crusifix but on the other hand allows wearing of hijab.

#12 2012-09-19 19:44:53

United States    maps12

@IVort 

Define "protecting culture"

#13 2012-08-31 22:11:28

Ukraine    IVort

@maps12 

I believe that governmental policy of these countries protects culture of immigrants as a part of multicultural society, but, in some reason, forgets or refuses to protect the original culture which makes the destruction of unprotected cultures possible. If it was really multicultural ideology in Europe, original christian cultures would be at least protected as equal to the others. But in exapmles, which I've put earlier, it doesn't happen.

Last edited by IVort (2012-09-01 12:03:21)

#14 2012-08-29 22:46:17

United States    maps12

@NikoLStak 

Ok maybe it is "invasion" but what can the Europeans do to stop this?  It is not like they can close borders to immigrants!

#15 2012-08-29 22:12:28

Russia    NikoLStak

@maps12 

It is. You don't move to spread your culture. This is called invasion and assimilation. A immigrant move to change of culture or to live under better condition(If it's the case you don't go pissing off the country hosting you). If not, they stay where they live.

#16 2012-08-29 21:03:58

United States    maps12

@IVort 

So you are saying that they tend to keep their own cultures with them which is destroying European culture, am I right?

#17 2012-08-29 19:48:42

Ukraine    IVort

- Tourists, that have been to France, surely say that they have rarely seen native french people.
- In the UK wearing of a cross or crucifix on the workplace is banned for Christians, while muslim women can freely wear hijab.
- In Germany group of muslims this spring tried to spread the version of Quran with some radical notes.
- Turkish people in Germany live without even learning german language and have absolutely no desire to know about german culture. And it doesn't stop them from taking a job and social payments.

Can these facts somehow tell us that muslim immigrants are threat for Europe?

#18 2012-08-26 08:44:10

Indonesia    Hephaestus

Muslims in Europe. I am not new to the news that Islam is somewhat spreading in Europe, but how, in any way, is this a "problem"? As Mr. Irishgenius has stated, the idea that Muslims will take over the world is utterly ridiculous. I've noted that Western media likes to zoom in too much on arguably little things. Show the terrorists shooting AKs and blowing up Humvees while shouting "Allahu Akbar" and we have the stereotype that Muslims are all smelly bearded Arab men and oppressed Arab women covered head to toe. This is, of course, not true (Arabs and North Africans make up about 20% of the Muslim population).

The media likes to see things in black and white, as though the world has protagonists and antagonists. Osama bin Laden spent his last few months worrying about how he didn't have enough money to make a living, but the media shows Al Qaeda as a Muslim Arab goddamned army. "Islamic terrorists" are barely a problem anymore; in fact, the number or British troops protecting the Olympics was 4000 times the number of troops they had in Afghanistan in 2011. If you look at the cold, hard facts, the idea that a few extremists can prove to be a "problem" is very, very, very unlikely.

Last edited by Hephaestus (2012-08-26 08:46:47)

#19 2012-08-25 13:53:52

United States    maps12

@irishgenius 

Well, maybe the French would have something to say...

#20 2012-08-24 22:11:24

Ireland    irishgenius

@RainyDays 

The whole idea of an "Islamic" invasion is ludicrous!.Aside from the Muslim world uniting very very unlikely(Not all Muslims are Arabs by the the way.The Arab world only makes up 17% of the Muslim population),the idea that they could mount a sufficient invasion is laughable!.Even if they did have the resources,The European armies are among the best in the world.The Arab communities also lack the populations of the European mainland to maintain this invasion.Doing this by migration is also unlikely,for it will never be the majority.An example of this is the Irish in America.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com