Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Abortion by sismetic
  •    Is abortion morally wrong, right or of no consequence?

Is abortion morally wrong? Right? Neither?

Please indicate your position and your argument(s).

I know there's another debate, but I wanted to renew it, besides it's a little different. This isn't about should it be legal, but if it's moral...

I'm pro-life and believe that it's morally wrong to abort a baby because it's a life, and furthermore it's a human life with human basic rights namely that of right to live. I will expand my view as people post....

Edit

#1 2016-02-06 06:36:52

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

Re: Abortion

@Grenadier:) 

But if we went on and support abortions, people will be more irresponsible while having sex(which is already happening). Banning abortions does have the effect of making people more careful while having sex, I mean knowing you can't just kill the baby also can make you notice STDs don't go as easily as babies, don't you think?

#2 2015-12-28 01:04:26

United States    Grenadier:)

If we went on and banned abortions, the children might suffer from a terrible upbringing. And the one who's having the baby might also suffer socially. Abortion could ease things help.

#3 2015-12-23 11:05:15

United Kingdom    Higgins

@crossel 

That's your opinion.
It's a very simplistic view of the reality.
a man and a woman don't necessarily intend to have a child when they have a relation, but the onus always falls on the woman if she become pregnant.

#4 2015-11-17 15:47:18

United States    crossel

Abortion is MURDER!!!!!! Why should a life be taken away for just being conceived. The mother and the father should have planned it out before the decided to get it on. Just because these two yahoos decided to have relations does not mean that a life should a taken.:dead:

#5 2015-07-08 20:15:44

United Kingdom    Higgins

@KGB 

I agree with you.

The choice is up to the mother, not politicians.

#6 2014-07-25 07:46:15

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

I feel yes...there should be no consequences now.
More fetus studies have to be performed to draw the line.

#7 2013-11-29 15:43:48

Ireland    irishgenius

@KGB 

Hear Hear

#8 2013-08-05 05:13:15

Russia    KGB

Ask yourself the question: Should a fetus whom is not born yet, be considered a person? I believe the mother should have full choice over her body. I don't think I'm breaking morals. A fetus can't be a person until it's born.

#9 2013-01-26 20:25:59

United Kingdom    NewAtheist

Whilst I wouldn't say that abortion is "right" per se, it is certainly acceptable. In my opinion, the rights of the born as always more important than those of the unborn. I don't even think that the unborn have any rights. Calling a zygote/embryo/foetus a "child" is comparing oranges and apples. Childhood and foetushood (is that even a word?) are two different stages. Whether or not a foetus is alive, it is still dependent on its mother and therefore does not have the rights of a born human.

(Interesting evidence from Dr Stuart Derbyshire of the University of Birmingham in the UK-- suggesting that foetuses do not have adequate mental development to feel pain):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4905892.stm

Even if that report is a one off, the general scientific consensus is that foetuses cannot feel pain before at least 24 weeks, meaning that the abortion limit-- at least here in the UK-- does not need to be lowered.

#10 2013-01-16 20:22:17

Ireland    irishgenius

Just thought I'd Show you why Abortion is becoming legal in Ireland.It will be legal in the Summer of 2013.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTcPYh3Jr8k[/video]

#11 2013-01-16 20:08:04

Ireland    irishgenius

@SlimNm 

Fine!. Since you wont learn what conception is,Ill show you.

Fertilization

If one sperm does make its way into the Fallopian tube and burrow into the egg, it fertilizes the egg. The egg changes so that no other sperm can get in.

At the instant of fertilization, your baby's genes and sex are set. If the sperm has a Y chromosome, your baby will be a boy. If it has an X chromosome, the baby will be a girl.

Implantation: Moving to the Uterus

The egg stays in the Fallopian tube for about three to four days, but within 24 hours of being fertilized it starts dividing very fast into many cells. It keeps dividing as it moves slowly through the fallopian tube to the uterus. Its next job is to attach to the lining of uterus. This is called implantation.

Some women notice spotting (or slight bleeding) for one or two days around the time of implantation. The lining of the uterus gets thicker and the cervix is sealed by a plug of mucus. It will stay in place until the baby is ready to be born.

Within the first week, a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) can be found in your blood. It's made by the cells that eventually become the placenta.

A blood or urine test at your doctor's office will usually detect hCG. It may take three or four more weeks for it to show up as a positive result on a home pregnancy test.

Within three weeks, the cells begin to grow as clumps, and the baby's first nerve cells have already formed. 

Do you mean The moment it reaches the egg,Or when it Implants itself on the wall,Or when the cells first begins to multiply,Or when the grow as clumps.

#12 2013-01-15 20:47:43

United States    calibur

@SlimNm 

The difference is peper was doing it to point out your flawed debating so that your argument was weakened and that you might avoid it in the future, and was correct, whereas you were doing it in spite and were wrong.

#13 2013-01-15 16:57:06

United States    SlimNm

@SgtPeppers 

Retributive justice

#14 2013-01-14 16:27:41

Canada    SgtPeppers

@SlimNm 

Oh, so it's fine when YOU are pointing out logical fallacies?

#15 2013-01-14 03:47:49

United States    SlimNm

@irishgenius 

Stop making strawmen.

#16 2013-01-13 11:26:21

Ireland    irishgenius

@SlimNm 

All these aren't modern.I was showing this to show you it isn't a new issue.To reply to your other statements,I have to return to my other post.Conception is a long time.Look it up.
Also,Oaths and quotes are not evidence.I gave you evidence,you give me Quotes.

#17 2013-01-13 11:18:44

Ireland    irishgenius

@SlimNm 

So,when someone masturbates they kill half of a human?

#18 2013-01-13 11:17:09

Ireland    irishgenius

@SlimNm 

Birth takes a few hours.Conception takes a few weeks.

#19 2013-01-13 00:45:19

Canada    SgtPeppers

@SlimNm 

No... the meaning of baby actually has no proper scientific definition. Prior to birth, it is called either an embryo, in the first trimester mostly and a fetus in until birth. Baby has a dictionary definition of "a very young child, often recently born". It is a societal convenience, distinct from toddler due to the lack of an ability to walk, it is blatantly false to claim it is a scientific definition.

#20 2013-01-12 00:39:47

United States    SlimNm

@SgtPeppers 

Also, you'll note that the photo that actually look like a baby 

All the photos except the fake one look like a baby.  Why?  Because they are babies.  You don't get to determine what is a baby and what isn't, or what looks like a baby and what doesn't.  Science has already declared that a human embryo is a human baby.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com