Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Religion - Room 1
  • » Islam a terrorist religion ? by samudragupt
  •    Is islam a threat to world peace?

The number of people killed by Islamic Jihad. It arrives at the the figure of 270 million. But I know for example the figure for Hindus and Buddhist killed by Islamic Jihad was put at 80 million as a moderate estimate - some historians believed that it was possible that 100-120 million Indians were killed to bring that country under Sharia.

The real figure of those killed by Islamic Jihad could be somewhere around 300-400 million. Because here we are forgetting to conquests of the Middle East, Persia, the Caucasus and North Africa.

jihad is still going strong in 21st century killing innocents day by day.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Edit

#1 2017-04-14 13:37:23

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

Re: Islam a terrorist religion ?

@visverbi 

A little problem here. Hindus are the religious majority in India although they are divided into many sects. AND Aurangzeb did presecute in the end, though it is because that the Hindu Marathis rose in revolt.

#2 2017-04-14 13:32:48

Taiwan (ROC)    Archduke

@abyskaria 

Perhaps. But it is so far the most known religion that produces terrorists. If you are an Indian though, I do bear in mind Ghandi was assassinated by a Hindu(That's all I know) fanatic.

#3 2013-09-05 10:26:34

India    abyskaria

I must say "NO". Islam is not a terrorist religion. Thanks.

#4 2013-08-27 22:18:13

United Kingdom    NewAtheist

@madd693 

Firstly I would like to state that most of your points could be applied to almost any other religion you could think of. Also I find it premature to claim that Islam will prevent world peace when it is not even established whether or not world peace is feasible.

Are you suggesting that all Muslims want Sharia law, or only the leaders. If it is the former you are proposing then I strongly disagree. In London where I live there are thousands of Muslims living ordinary lives and obeying UK secular law. You can't judge a people by their leaders. Of course the extremists will be the ones plastered salaciously over the red top tabloids. They're the ones who make money through media spin.

Of course the Qu'ran contains verses about Holy War. It was the early 7th century for God's sake. Do you seriously think that diplomacy had any finesse back then? The Bible contains equivalent verses advocating the killing of certain groups. There is even a Bible verse advocating familial cannibalism. I can give you a reference if you want. Any holy book, and its followers, will be a mix of peace and war, good and evil. To suggest that a religion is inherently guided towards war is intellectually dishonest, not to mention pithy.

#5 2013-08-05 05:17:01

Russia    KGB

Islam is not a threat. Islamic-Extremist are.
If Islam is a threat, the same can be said for Catholicism, and then Catholic-Extremist are the threats now. Or any other religion for that matter.

#6 2013-06-25 09:13:02

Indonesia    Juanda45

ehem:tomato:

#7 2013-05-16 16:05:07

United States    visverbi

@madd693 

Not only is Islam not at base a threat to world peace, but your charecterization of all of Islam as violent is both stereotypical and incorrect.
Take, for instance, the first caliphate of Arabia, it acted as unifiying force in a region previously torn by tribal divisions. For centuries Islamic culture and science far exceeded that of a divided and weak Europe, and the Abbasid, Rashidun, Cordoban and later Mamluk and Ottoman caliphates negotiated successfully with often barbaric seeming Europeans.
In fact, the Ottoman and Mughal empires both tolerated religious minorities like Jews and Hindus, at a time when western, "civilized" powers were actively persecuting them.
Or perhaps you need a more modern example?
What is the largest muslim population in the world?
That's right, Indonesia, a U.S. ally, economic dynamo and strongly democratic country.
Or how about Jordan? A country that, despite extensive U.S. meddling in the region and rivalry with Israel, remains dedicated to peace in the region and democratic aims, a country that has provided solace for Syrian refugees by the thousands.
Yes, atrocities have been committed in the name of Islam, but so too have they been comitted in the name of Christianity. For instance, after the first crusade the occupying forces of Jerusalem slaughtered not only their Arab enemies, but also the thousands of native Jewish merchants whose only crime was refusing to convert.
I would ask that you please omit stereotypes when making your arguments, they only serve to cloud the truth and damage already delicate understandings.

#8 2013-04-24 11:26:33

United States    madd693

Jihad in the strictest sense refers to an inner struggle. However, the way it is used among the fundamentalist Muslims is physical Holy War. It is true that the Fundamentalists (often called extremists in the media, but they are not extreme at all, they are simply following what the Qua'ran orders them to do) are a minority of all Muslims, they are a significant and determined minority that is growing through propaganda and force daily.

The objective of fundamentalists is is a world wide caliphate that is prophesied in the Qua'ran. The imposition of Islam doctrine and Sharia law everywhere. Islam is literally to be the worlds guide and Muslims the worlds rulers. To accomplish this, Muslims are ordered to use any means necessary and have been spreading Islam violently since the days Mohammad invented the religion. Anyone calling Islam a 'religion of peace' really should study the history of it's founding 'prophet'.

As the Qua'ran romanticizes and even rewards those who fight for the cause and glorifies DYING for said cause, it produces a never ending stream of followers who not only don't care if they die, but WANT to, as being a Martyr in support of spreading Islam is the ONLY guaranteed way the Qua'ran gives for entrance into heaven and all of the wonderful things it provides (virgins for sexual pleasure, rivers of wine to get intoxicated, etc). Things incidentally that Muslims are forbidden from enjoying on earth, hence death seems a much better option to them, particularly young men.

When you have zealots who HOPE to die fighting you, obviously they are a threat to peace and extremely difficult to defend against. As their numbers grow and their recruiting becomes more tenable, Islam become more and more dangerous and is not only a threat to world peace, it assures there will never BE world peace.

I laugh every time I see some President or other head of state 'negotiating a peace deal' in the Middle East. They are either way too arrogant or way to ignorant to realize there is no negotiating with Muslims. Their idea of 'peace' mandates 2 things:

1. Islam is not only the state religion, but Sharia is the state law.

2. Non-Muslims must submit entirely to Muslims, accept Islam as dominant to their own religion, and pay a tax in order to be allowed to follow their religion 'peacefully'

Anything short of that, and you are to be put to death.

Sure, Islam is 'a religion of peace' as long as it's the only religion that matters. Until then, it's a religion of war until the non-muslims learn their place.

There is no negotiation, only acceptance. You can't negotiate with what is written in the Qu'ran, you either accept it or you accept that there will be no peace.

Last edited by madd693 (2013-04-24 14:19:00)

#9 2013-04-24 02:03:12

United States    calibur

@Himalayan 

Nothing is showing up. I cannot see your words.

#10 2013-04-23 17:19:39

Nepal    Himalayan

photo.php?fbid=498397680217210&set=a.245130622210585.61786.100001409485141&type=1&relevant_count=1

#11 2013-02-10 15:41:55

Nepal    Himalayan

photo.php?fbid=451777961559177&set=a.106960979374212.8721.106593946077582&type=1&ref=nfsmile

#12 2012-08-31 09:36:13

Ireland    irishgenius

@SgtPeppers 

OOOO!.Sorry!.I just wanted to shut him up by giving him a taste of his own medicine. crap

#13 2012-08-30 03:03:27

Canada    SgtPeppers

@irishgenius 

Yeah, but it was going really well when we all just ignored him.

#14 2012-08-28 00:09:36

Ireland    irishgenius

@SgtPeppers 

Im doin this to annoy chankya.

#15 2012-08-28 00:08:47

Ireland    irishgenius

@calibur 

Exactly!

#16 2012-08-28 00:07:04

Canada    SgtPeppers

@irishgenius 

Yes, we get it. You know how to copy URLs.

#17 2012-08-28 00:03:58

Ireland    irishgenius

@chankya 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=536zwG8y5T8&feature=related

#18 2012-08-28 00:01:55

Ireland    irishgenius

@chankya 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Tr1hCidLw&feature=related

#19 2012-08-28 00:00:23

Ireland    irishgenius